Hydrotherapy, or aquatic physiotherapy, involves therapeutic exercises in a heated pool. Hydrotherapy is an excellent way to increase strength, ease stiff joints and relax sore muscles. The warmth and buoyancy of the water reduces pressure on joints, making it easier for those with pain and stiffness to perform exercises.
Conditions that may benefit:
- Post operative conditions
- Arthritis conditions
- Back and neck pain
- Chronic pain
- Sports injuries
- Aerobic fitness
- Neurological conditions
Hydrotherapy at Basham Physiotherapy
- Everyone who uses our pool is required to have an initial assessment with a physiotherapist.
- During this session your individual exercise program will be prescribed by a physiotherapist and you will be supervised completing your water based program.
- You can then continue to attend in one of the following ways:
- 1. If you need individual attention (such as after a recent surgery or injury), you may require further physiotherapy sessions after the initial consultation
- 2. If you aren't confident in the water, or have difficulty getting in and out of the pool, you can either bring a carer to supervise your pool hire, or you can continue to book physiotherapy consultations
- 3. If no individual attention is required, you will be given a program and can attend the pool independently (bookings essential)